Increase Computers Ltd(“we” or “us””) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
- Information that we may collect from you
- Information that we collect automatically from you
- How we store your personal data
- How we use your information
- Access to your information
- Your rights relating to your data
- Data Retention
- Children’s Privacy
- How to contact us
For the purpose of the data protection legislation, the data controller is Increase Computers Ltd of Gear House, Saltmeadows Road, Gateshead, Tyne & Wear, NE8 3AH and our nominated representatives for this purpose are Phil Short, Paul Fairless and Aaron Matheson.
- Personal information we collect through all websites operated by us including, but not limited to, www.increase.co.uk
- Personal information we collect about you in the course of doing business with you, such as when you engage with us as a customer, potential customer, supplier, service provider, professional advisor, consultant or other third party in relation to the provision of our Services, and the operation of our business generally. This includes sales, marketing, business contact, transactions, support services or registration activities conducted by us.
This policy applies to the processing of personal data relating to customers, prospects, suppliers, business partners, vendors and other end users, the extent of which is determined and controlled by us in our sole discretion.
Our websites may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. Your use of a third-party site or app may result in the collection, processing, or sharing of information about you, depending on the site or app. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. We strongly encourage you to read these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Information We May Collect from You
Through your interaction with us, we may collect and process the following data about you for specific and lawful purposes:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our websites (“our sites”). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our sites, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services.
- Information that we collect automatically during visits to our websites, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- Information customers and potential customers provide when engaging in or conducting business with us. The types of information we may collect includes, but is not limited to, names, email addresses, postal addresses, contact details, job titles, transactional information, usage information, financial/billing information, account information, correspondence and any other information you may choose to provide.
- You may also choose to provide personal information, such as contact details and job titles, when you attend sales and marketing events, view product demos, download software from our website, take part in surveys, or through other sales and marketing interactions we may have with you.
- When you contact our support desk for technical support we may record personal information such as contact details, e-mail addresses, phone numbers and job titles.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Telephone calls made to or received from ourselves may be recorded.
- Details of interactions you have with us.
- When you sign or review an electronic document that we send to you, for example a customer registration form, or Direct Debit Mandate
- We also may collect information related to your company, approximate geographic location, or other demographic information that does not personally identify you. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we reserve the right to combine other information as defined above with personal information that you submit.
Information That We Collect Automatically About You
When you visit our website(s) we may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
We may use third-party web analytics services on our websites, such as Google Analytics. These providers use cookie-related technologies to help us analyse how users use the websites, including by noting the third-party website from which you arrive. The information collected will be disclosed to or collected directly by these service providers, who use the information to evaluate your use of the sites. To prevent Google Analytics from using your information for analytics, you may install the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser.
How We Store Your Personal Data
Under GDPR, all personal data obtained and held by us must be processed according to a set of core principles. In accordance with these principles, we will ensure that:
- processing is fair, lawful and transparent
- data is collected for specific, explicit, and legitimate purposes
- data collected is adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary for the purposes of processing
- data is kept accurate and up to date. Data which is found to be inaccurate will be rectified or erased without delay
- data is not kept for longer than is necessary for its given purpose
- data is processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of personal data including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage by using appropriate technical or organisation measures
- we comply with the relevant GDPR procedures for international transferring of personal data
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect about you. We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you submit, or access your personal information.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How We Use Your Information
We may use information held about you in the following ways:.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- Where the processing is necessary prior to entering into a contract, for example to allow us to provide you with a quotation which you have requested.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To process and complete business transactions and send related information, including transaction confirmations and invoices
- To send information to our customers about their account, technical alerts or updates, and other administrative or service-related communications
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To respond to your comments, questions, and requests and provide customer service and support
- To carry out research and development to improve our services that we offer.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To allow us to repair and advise on features relating to your supported products and services.
- To monitor and maintain customer licence files.
- We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these.
- If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
- If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
- To display cases studies and/or personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our website in addition to other endorsements. With your consent we may post your testimonial along with your name and company name.
- With other business partners, such as system integrators, distributors, and referral partners
that are involved in providing business services. For example, if you indicate an interest in
a service, we may share personal information such as your contact information with our
- To carry out other legitimate business purposes, as well as other lawful purposes about which we will notify our customers.
Disclosure of your Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
We do not sell your personal information to any third parties; however, we may share your personal information with third parties as follows:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Increase Computers Ltd or any related holding company substantially has all of its assets acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply and agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Access to Information Held About You
You have the right to access personal information held about you and to have your personal data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete. You may request access to the data held about you and correct the personal information we hold about you by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will normally comply with your data access request at no cost. However, if the request is manifestly unfounded or excessive, or if it is repetitive, we may contact you requesting a fee. The fee will be determined at the relevant time and will be set at a level which is reasonable in the circumstances. Before we provide personal information to you, we may require you to verify your identity by providing us with identification documentation.
We will respond to your access request without delay and at least within 30 days. Where requests are complex or numerous, we may contact you to inform you that an extension of time is required. The maximum extension period is two months.
Your data protection rights
You have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
- Access. You have the right to request a copy of the personal data we are processing about you, which we will provide back to you in electronic form. For your own privacy and security, in our discretion we may require you to prove your identity before providing the requested information. If you require multiple copies of your personal data, we may charge a reasonable administration fee where we are permitted to do so in accordance with the GDPR.
- Rectification. You have the right to have incomplete or inaccurate personal data that we process about you rectified.
- Deletion. You have the right to request that we delete personal data that we process about you, except we are not obligated to do so if we need to retain such data in order to comply with a legal obligation or to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
- Restriction. You have the right to restrict our processing of your personal data where you believe such data to be inaccurate, our processing is unlawful or that we no longer need to process such data for a particular purpose, but where we are not able to delete the data due to a legal or other obligation or because you do not wish for us to delete it.
- Portability. You have the right to obtain personal data we hold about you, in a structured, electronic format, and to transmit such data to another data controller, where this is (a) personal data which you have provided to us, and (b) if we are processing that data on the basis of your consent (such as for direct marketing communications) or to perform a contract with you.
- Objection. Where the legal justification for our processing of your personal data is our legitimate interest, you have the right to object to such processing on grounds relating to your particular situation. We will abide by your request unless we have compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests and rights, or if we need to continue to process the data for the establishment, exercise or defence of a legal claim.
- Withdrawing Consent. If you have consented to our processing of your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, free of charge. This includes cases where you wish to opt out from marketing messages that you receive from us. You can unsubscribe from marketing communications at any time by following the instructions in any individual message. The legality of the processing of your personal data prior to you withdrawing your consent remains unaffected by this.
Data Retention Period
Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will take steps to delete such information as quickly as possible.
How to Contact Us
Last Updated: May 2018